Healthy Snack! Carrot cake with honey
Fancy something tasty? Then bake this simple and healthy carrot cake. This Healthy snack is sweetened with our own natural honey from Lekkerhoning.nl! Do you want the recipe?
Healthy Carrot Cake Recipe:
- 200 gr flour (100 gr spelled flour, 50 gr almond flour, 50 gr buckwheat flour)
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 (small / medium) eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 200 gr grated carrot (coarse or fine it doesn’t matter)
- Walnuts (chopped into smaller pieces 1-2 hands)
- Icing layer:
- Half a cup of Philadelphia cream cheese (light is also possible).
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Now put this in a food processor and add the carrot first, mix it together.
- Now add the eggs while mixing, then the coconut oil and honey last.
- Mix until everything is nicely blended and smooth.
- Take a baking pan of around 20-25 cm and fill it with the mixture.
- Put in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Prick with a skewer after 30 minutes to see if it comes out dry. Usually the cake should be around 40 minutes, but it depends on the size of your baking pan.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the cream cheese and crème fraîche in a small bowl. You can add another teaspoon of honey for a little bit more sweetness. Cover the cake with the cream cheese mixture when it has cooled down. Decorate the cake with some more carrot and walnuts and you’re done!
Made possible by a pleasant cooperation with Healthy Dutchies